Thursday, November 1, 2007

Google copying Microsoft copying Google


I have been trying out Live Search and it's associated services. During the installation of Virtual Earth (Microsoft's copy of Google Earth), I was asked whether I wanted to make Live Search my default search. I chose yes and up popped this screen.

We're all used to Microsoft pulling this trick, it's the first time I've seen Google copying them. Note the use of the word "disable" for the "wrong" option.


Then I thought I'd have fun and went searching for our house. Here's the fantastic image from Microsoft Virtual Earth - our house is the one at the end of the row with the white conservatory out back. The detail is spectacular I think; the angle of view really gives depth and perspective.


And here's Google Earth's image which is way inferior (I promise there's no tricks here - just cropped screen shots)


Both images are relatively recent, we only built the conservatory 4 years ago




No comments:

Post a Comment